Saturday 19 March 2011

Poor Little Rich Girl

A Film by: Andy Warhol































"One person in the 60's fascinated me more than anybody I had ever known. And the fascination I experienced was probably very close to a certain kind of love." 
Andy Warhol


























"To play the poor little rich girl in this movie, Edie didn't need a script - if she needed a script, she wouldn't have been right for the part." 
Andy Warhol




"Whatever anyone may have thought, the truth is I never gave Edie a drug, ever. Not even one diet pill. Nothing. She certainly was taking a lot of amphetamine and downs, but she certainly wasn't getting them from me. She was getting them from that doctor who was shooting up every Society lady in town." Andy Warhol




























"I live a very isolated life. When you start at 20, you have a lot of nonsense to work out of your system."
Edie Sedgwick
























"To me, New York was Jackson Pollock sipping vodka and dripping paint onto a raw canvas." 
Edie Sedgwick

























Andy Warhol: I wonder if people are going to remember us?
Edie Sedgwick: What, when we're dead?
Andy Warhol: Yeah.
Edie Sedgwick: Well I think people will talk about how you changed the world.
Andy Warhol: I wonder what they'll say about you... in your obituary. I like that word.
Edie Sedgwick: Nothing nice, I don't think.
Andy Warhol: No no, come on. They'd say, "Edith Minturn Sedgwick: beautiful artist and actress...
Edie Sedgwick: ...and all around loon.
Andy Warhol: ...Remembered for setting the world on fire...
Edie Sedgwick: ...and escaping the clutches of her terrifying family...
Andy Warhol: ...Made friends with everybody, and anybody...
Edie Sedgwick: ...creating chaos and uproar wherever she went. Divorced as many times as she married, she leaves only good wishes behind.
[laughs]
Edie Sedgwick: That's nice, isn't it?